Graphic Design Intern, f/t, vol., CertClean, downtown Toronto, Ontario
Date posted to RCEN & PlanetVolunteer:
Apr 13 2017
Position: Graphic Design Intern
Type: 12 week volunteer position beginning in May 2017
Location: downtown Toronto, Ontario
Looking to work for a dynamic purpose-driven startup? We are searching for a Graphics Design Intern who creates compelling design materials to grow a brand’s online presence. This unpaid opportunity will allow you to create rewarding projects from conception to completion, and watch your designs unfold to create real results.
Did you know beauty products like shampoos, lotions and mascaras can all be labelled natural, as long as it contains one natural ingredient?
CertClean is North America’s leading certification for safer skincare, guiding shoppers to clean beauty products so they can shop with peace of mind. CertClean certified products means their ingredient lists have been screened for 1400+ known harmful chemicals. Shoppers can find all 1000+ CertClean certified products online - CertClean.com, which acts like a TripAdvisor, so shoppers can browse and read through clean beauty product reviews.
You’ll be working in a highly collaborative environment along with the CEO and the Communications Manager to develop original creative content that will be visually appealing and attract consumers. You have the ability to take product pictures and make them go from bland to glam!
- Designing brand awareness campaigns and marketing materials while working with companies that have pre-established brand identity.
- Providing guidance to supporting marketing and communications team on brainstorming, problem solving, and execution.
- Developing design assets such as infographics, digital mocks, and marketing collaterals.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe suite Photoshop
- Photography skills and owning your own camera a huge asset
- Experience with creating logos, infographics, and supplementing marketing campaigns
- Highly organized, flexible, able to meet tight deadlines and change direction when necessary
- Detail-oriented to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Able to quickly learn new design software tools
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to create videos and animations
This is for you if you you learn, adapt, and iterate quickly. You love the thought of joining an early-stage startup, and you thrive in that environment of ambiguity, multiple hats, limited resources, and ever-changing circumstances. We’re looking for more than your output, we’re interested in your design approach and the thought process behind your work.
This will be a 12 week internship, approximately 170 hours beginning in May 2017.
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Volunteer Opportunities  |  Add an Opportunity  |  About / Help