Position: Database Volunteer
Organization: Stanley Park Ecology Society
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
The database volunteer is responsible for data entry into our database and for maintaining accurate human resources records.
This volunteer role is most appropriate for someone wishing to find a meaningful long term volunteer role. The volunteer must be able to make a 3 month minimum commitment. Work must be carried out sometime throughout Tuesday-Friday between the hours of 10am-5pm, but work times are otherwise very flexible. A commitment of 2 hours per week would be ideal.
- Data entry from our memberships in our database called Income Manager Enterprise (IME)
- Maintenance of accurate database records
Training will be provided on database entry and maintenance.
- Opportunity to attend free SPES Discovery Walks and a letter of reference
- Development of skills in database management and an opportunity to gain experience working in a professional office
- Invitation to twice yearly volunteer appreciation events
- A meaningful opportunity to contribute to the work of SPES!
- Interest in working with and learning about a database
- Genuine interest in data entry work
- Working knowledge of EXCEL (you don't need to be an expert)
- Experience working with a database is an asset but not required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Neat and legible handwriting
- Must be 18 or older
1) A short description outlining why you would like to be part of this program
2) Your resume
Apply to: Alicia Fontaine, Volunteer Coordinator at:
Please put: "Database Volunteer" - and your name in Subject Heading.
We thank all applicants but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
Email: vols stanleyparkecology.ca*
Address: Stanley Park Ecology Society, PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.