Special Events Volunteer, Toronto Botanical Garden, north york Toronto, Ontario
Date posted to RCEN & PlanetVolunteer:
Mar 23 2017
Position: Special Events volunteer
Organization: Toronto Botanical Garden
Location: North York, Toronto, Ontario
Toronto Botanical Garden (TBG) - Mission: to connect people to plants, inspiring us to live in harmony with nature. Vision: To be renowned for our display of nature's beauty and as a dynamic hub for plant-centred learning, conservation and research.
Special Event Volunteer
Can you spare 3-6 hours to help?
The Toronto Botanical Garden has a number of big special events scheduled, many for the first 6 months of the calendar year. These all need volunteer help and offer a variety of roles from set up to greeting members of the public, informational roles, introducing speakers, selling raffle tickets and general "ambassador" roles. Roles are usually between 3-6 hours in duration and volunteers get to enjoy the event for free. For the big events pre event orientation training is provided.
We are now accepting sign up for:
Through the Garden Gate: Saturday, June 10 and Sunday, June 11
Pre event orientation briefing is provided.
- Excellent communication skills (English language ability - comprehension and verbal)
- Able to develop rapport with visiting members of the public (be welcoming without being overwhelming!)
- Able to work well with fellow team members
- Open to training and learning and able to convey that knowledge to others
- Able to be flexible, helping out where help is needed
- Computer literacy, able to use email and TBG's sign up and scheduling system.
Benefits of roles at our special events include:
- Lots of social interaction with TBG staff, fellow volunteers and members of the public
- Learning about TBG, in many cases, free entry to the event itself
- Specific training in a particular topic (for example honey tasting)
- Special volunteer rates for applicable TBG programs
- Special volunteer discount at the TBG garden shop
- Volunteering in beautiful surroundings!
How to Apply / Contact
Resume or complete volunteer application form found on our website at http://www.torontobotanicalgarden.ca select join then volunteer tabs.
To Sue Hills, Head Volunteer Services, email:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Volunteer Opportunities  |  Add an Opportunity  |  About / Help