International Conservation Nonprofit - Board Members Needed, vol., Wild Forests and Fauna, anywhere in Canada / virtual
Date posted to RCEN & PlanetVolunteer:
Mar 19 2017
Position: Volunteer: Executive Board Member
Type: nonprofit board position / volunteer
Organization: Wild Forests and Fauna
Location: anywhere in Canada, virtual
We are looking for individuals to join a nonprofit executive board to execute projects and scale the impact of a growing international conservation organization.
Our executive team is virtual and spread across the world, including in Peru, Mexico, and four cities in the United States. If you’re interested in joining this virtual team, you can expect 5-15 hours a month of gratifying and high-impact work.
We seek sharp individuals who enjoy solving problems, want to make a positive difference, and are prepared to join an online team of goal-oriented professionals. Specifically, we are seeking professionals with experience in project management, nonprofit development, and/or communications.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- Genuine Excitement & Interest in the Work! - Passion for environmental conservation, sustainable development, capacity building, and/or wild forests is paramount for our organization.
- Excellent Communication (listening, verbal, written) - The ability to communicate clearly and professionally in a virtual and online environment is necessary for success in this role. English fluency is not required, but is helpful; Spanish proficiency is not required but is also helpful.
- Multicultural Sensitivity & Awareness - As an international organization working with diverse constituents in other countries, it is imperative that our executive team has understanding and empathy for a wide range of groups.
- Problem-Solving, Reasoning & Creativity - This role is an opportunity to help shape the future of our programs and impacts. The ideal candidate will be prepared to push boundaries, suggest new ideas and be part of the process of moving our organization forward in new and exciting ways.
- Professionalism and Integrity - The positions available require strong interpersonal skills and the ability to remain professional under a range of circumstances. In other words, reliability, work quality, and being proactive and solutions-oriented are essential traits of our collective success.
Description of Organization:
Wild Forests and Fauna (WildFF) is a US-based registered 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and restoring threatened forests through community-based projects.
Over the last four years, WildFF has launched a series of successful projects in Peru and Uganda with local partners. These projects include: protecting more than 11,000 acres of threatened rainforest through ecotourism; empowering and educating more than 45 young leaders on the Amazon frontier, and partnering with traditional women healers to restore native forests.
Learn more at http://www.wildff.org
Apply by April 15th. Send the following to:
with the subject line Board Member Application – (Your Name).
- Cover Letter – Tell us how you have the qualifications and skills noted above and include responses
to the following questions:
- Why would you like to join the WildFF board?
- What skills or other contributions would you bring?
- Why do you think wildlife and wild forests are important?
- Resume – Be sure to include any relevant experience.
Questions? – Send your questions to info wildff.org*
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Volunteer Opportunities  |  Add an Opportunity  |  About / Help