Treasurer, vol., Toronto Green Community, Toronto, Ontario
Date posted to RCEN & PlanetVolunteer:
Mar 7 2017
Type: board of directors position / unpaid
Organization: Toronto Green Community
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Toronto Green Community:
The Toronto Green Community’s mission is to inspire, facilitate and support diverse communities in developing an environmentally sustainable city through education, engagement and joint neighborhood initiatives." Our Vision is "Engaged and connected communities thriving in a sustainable Toronto".
The treasurer will share their financial, accounting and reporting expertise with the Board of directors. He/she will maintain legal compliance for financial activities within the organization.
- Note that this is a volunteer position, which requires a motivated professional who is passionate about the environment, social responsibility and leading change.
Duties and responsibilities
Board Committee Member
- Engage in problem solving and strategic discussions with fellow board members, to reach a consensus on high-level decisions
- Attend monthly Board Committee meetings – every 1st Tuesday of the month
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Review budgets initially prepared to help develop appropriate procedures for budget preparations
- Report to the board any financial irregularities, concerns or opportunities
- Oversee the that daily routine and month-end procedures are accurate and on time
- Manage accounting for inventory, accounts receivable and payables
- Oversee accounting related matters
- Willingness to travel to meetings, and commit to volunteer 8-12 hours’ monthly
- Open to a 2-year board membership
- Attend at least 10 of the 12 board meetings (yearly) in downtown Toronto
- Min. of 3 years+ of related accounting & finance experience
- Time and energy to contribute as a volunteer to the Board activities and events
- Leadership experience within a decision-making role/supporting social development
- Experience and interest in government/funder relations and financial development
- A strong interest in the environment and green initiatives
Send a cover letter explaining why you want to be part of the Toronto Green Community Board and your resume to:
by March 22nd 2017. Please specify the position title in the subject line of your email.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Volunteer Opportunities  |  Add an Opportunity  |  About / Help