Board directors needed, vol., BurlingtonGreen Environmental Association, Burlington, Ontario
Date posted to RCEN & PlanetVolunteer:
Mar 6 2017
Needed: Board of directors members
Type: board of directors team member / volunteer
Organization: BurlingtonGreen Environmental Association
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Established in 2007, we are a citizen-led, nonpartisan, not-for-profit environmental agency. Through awareness, advocacy and action initiatives we mobilize the community to create a healthier, more environmentally responsible city.
We are looking to strengthen our Board and in particular, are seeking volunteers with financial management and fundraising experience.
If you have such related experience and want to make a difference in our community, we invite you to apply.
As a Director serving on our 'working' Board, you will be an ambassador of the organization collaborating with 9 to 11 other Directors to effectively advance the vision and goals of our organization. You will support the organization by developing and approving strategies, policies and priorities, ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, providing financial oversight of the organization, fundraising, monitoring risk, and generally safeguarding the interests of BurlingtonGreen.
These are the current time contribution expectations:
- Attendance at monthly board meetings (2 hours/month) and participate in online E-votes and additional short meetings when necessary.
- Participate in semi-annual strategy sessions (4 hrs. each)
- Work on specific board related tasks in between board meetings to advance BG’s mission (approximately another 6 hours/month).
- Serve on one of the Board’s 3 Standing Committees (Nominations & Governance, Finance & Audit, Fundraising) (2- 4 hours/ month)
- Participate in 1 – 2 community events during the year
- Experience volunteering on or working with a not-for-profit Board
- Experience in one or both of the following areas: Fundraising/Donor Relations, Finance/Accounting
- Self-starter with strategic leadership skills
- Collaborative, respectful and constructive attitude
- Experience in managing and inspiring volunteers is a strong asset.
- Creative and detail-oriented.
- Commitment to help BurlingtonGreen achieve its mission
- Ability to serve a minimum of one 12 month term and preferably three 12 month terms
- To learn and gain professional experience in a leadership role
- To grow your personal network by meeting and working with new people in the environment/sustainability domain
- Personal satisfaction of contributing to a well-respected, impactful not-for-profit community organization
To apply or obtain additional information:
Submit your resume or inquiries to Gloria Reid (Board President) via email at:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Volunteer Opportunities  |  Add an Opportunity  |  About / Help