Board members needed, vol., Transition Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Date posted to RCEN & PlanetVolunteer:
Feb 20 2017
Position: Board Member
Type: board of directors position / unpaid
Organization: Transition Toronto
Location: Toronto, Ontario
ABOUT TRANSITION TORONTO
Transition Toronto is the Toronto chapter of the global Transition Movement, a community-level solution to the problems of oil depletion and climate change. Our vision is of a Toronto made up of interconnected neighbourhoods that are locally resilient. Our projects include EcoFair at the Barns, TreeMobile, work on an alternative currency, and yardsharing.
- Build connections between individuals, neighbourhoods, and local government to increase community engagement
- Encourage and enable individuals to reduce fossil fuel dependency
- Empower people to retain or increase their quality of life
- Identify, develop, and share local resources
- Inspire and support positive action for community solutions to increase local resilience.
Are you looking for a meaningful way to make a difference in our city and in the environment? Apply to join our volunteer Board of Directors!
Responsibilities of the Board Member:
- Provide leadership to Transition Toronto, helping to set the strategy and direction of our grassroots, volunteer-run organization
- Provide strategic oversight, ensuring projects undertaken by the organization align with our mission and values
- Provide governance, ensuring the organization and its Board adheres to the organization's by-laws
- Attend and participate in quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- If elected, perform Board Secretary responsibilities, such as annual filings and minute-taking
- Experience in and commitment to environmental issues
- Knowledge of the Transition Towns Movement
- Experience on committees and/or Boards
- Works well in a group/team environment
- If elected to the Board Secretary role, attention to detail, record-keeping and organizational skills
- Develop experience in organizational leadership and governance
- Meet and volunteer alongside like-minded people
- Be a part of making a difference in the city
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your interest for the role to:
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and we will contact suitable applicants for an interview. The posting will be available until the position is filled. Thank you!
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Volunteer Opportunities  |  Add an Opportunity  |  About / Help