Position: Native Pollinator Garden Design Intern
Organization: 20 Valley Harvest Farms
Location: work from home (garden is in Niagara Region, Southern Ontario, Southern Great Lakes ecoregion)
We're seeking an intern to design a native species pollinator garden around our pond.
- Determining which native flowering plants to plant to ensure flowers all summer and autumn in our Southern Ontario climate
- Making sure the garden will still look good in the autumn and winter seasons by mixing in appropriate plants
- Garden design must be low maintenance
- Researching and making recommendations for building habitats for wild pollinator species
- Contacting the local conservation authority and other organizations to inquire about funding options for implementation
This work will be done from your own home, and we can connect via Skype or Google Hangouts, which means you can live anywhere to take on this project!
I will happily provide a reference once the project is completed.
Please contact Paula at:
Native plant gardening
Natural garden pond design
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.