Videographer, vol., Stanley Park Ecology Society, Vancouver BC
EDITOR'S NOTE: The deadline for this listing has passed. Unless the text below indicates that late or ongoing applications are welcome, it's probably best not to apply. Look for newer listings at: Volunteer.RCEN.ca
Date posted to RCEN & PlanetVolunteer:
Feb 16 2017
Organization: Stanley Park Ecology Society
Location: Stanley Park, Vancouver BC
The Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is creating a series of short videos with the goal of promoting nature in the Park, our educational programs, and ways to be involved. We require the expertise of a skilled videographer to provide staff and volunteers with technical support and consultation on filming techniques.
These 2-minute videos will be used in our Nature House facility, social media platforms, and various outreach initiatives. We hope for the final product to be one of our more effective promotional tools, inspiring viewers to care for nature through the work and mission of SPES.
This role will require dedicating 2-4 hours per week between March and November (with some flexibility) to fulfill the above duties.
- Become familiar with SPES branding and image requirements
- Ensure subjects sign photo consent forms and maintain a system for matching individuals in photos to their photo consent form
- Obtain a diversity of B-roll footage of the natural landscape and wildlife in Stanley Park
- Curate videos to create a collection of high quality clips that align with SPES branding
- Work alongside SPES personnel throughout the filming and editing process, under the direction of staff and Nature House Host volunteers
- Train staff and volunteers in cinematography and video editing techniques
Training will be provided "on the job."
- Gain videography experience and portfolio material
- Contribute to an initiative that connects people with nature and spreads awareness about the importance of biodiversity
- Spend time in beautiful Stanley Park
- Excellent videography skills
- Interest in ecology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to advise the staff in procuring editing software
- Has access to audio-video equipment and editing software (we will provide our own camera and software, but your personal equipment will allow you to work independently)
- Comfortable filming people, animals, insects, amphibians, etc.
- Experience with filming events, panning shots, and time lapses is an asset
- 16 years or older
Please contact Dannie Piezas (Environmental Educator) to let us know you are interested in this opportunity.
E-mail: education stanleyparkecology.ca*
For e-mail applications, put the job title and your name (e.g. "Videography Volunteer – Sandy Smith”) in the subject heading.
Send a single Word or PDF file as an attachment containing both your cover letter and resume. The file must be named using your first and last name only (e.g. SandySmith.doc). If possible, please include examples of your work or a link to your online portfolio.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Volunteer Opportunities  |  Add an Opportunity  |  About / Help