Position: Popcorn Stand Assistant
Organization: Stanley Park Ecology Society
Location: Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC
Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES) is seeking energetic volunteers to support our Popcorn Stand in the busy and festive Easter Train season at the Miniature Train in Stanley Park. 100% of proceeds from the sale of popcorn support SPES’ conservation and education initiatives.
We are seeking volunteers for assistance from April 14th-April 17th. Shifts are as follows:
Friday, April 14th (Good Friday)
Saturday, April 15th
Sunday, April 16th (Easter)
Monday, April 17th (Easter Monday)
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of two shifts. Priority will be given to volunteers who are able to commit to the greatest number of shifts.
- Assist SPES staff in preparing and selling popcorn.
- Be friendly and outgoing to the public.
- Assist with general cleanliness of the popcorn stand.
Training will be provided throughout volunteer shifts.
- Practice your English while helping with a good cause.
- Gain retail and food service experience as well as cash handling experience.
- Gain valuable volunteer hours.
- Enjoy a fun and festive environment.
- Discovery Walk coupons to enjoy Sunday naturalist guided walks in Stanley Park.
- Letter of reference available after 30 hours of service.
- Able to communicate verbally in English.
- Outgoing and enjoy working with people.
- Able to accurately add, subtract, and provide change quickly.
- Able to take directions and work as a team in a busy environment.
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods.
- Preference will be given to those who can commit to the most shifts.
Please contact Alicia Fontaine (Volunteer Coordinator) to let us know you are interested in this opportunity.
Email: vols stanleyparkecology.ca*
Address: Stanley Park Ecology Society, PO Box 5167, Vancouver, BC V6B 4B2
In your response please:
- Indicate why you are interested in this position, and
- Why you believe you are well suited to volunteer.
- Outline any relevant experience you may have.
A resume is encouraged but not required.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.