Volunteer Coordinator, vol., World Fisheries Trust, Victoria BC
Date posted to RCEN & PlanetVolunteer:
Feb 16 2017
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Organization: World Fisheries Trust
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Casual/ Flexible hours (4-8 hours per month)
Start date: Flexible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 21, 2017
World Fisheries Trust is a Canadian, non-profit organization dedicated to the equitable and sustainable use and conservation of aquatic biodiversity. We act internationally with small-scale fisheries in Latin America and locally with environmental education including: the Seaquaria in Schools program, Gorge Waterway Nature House, Eco Learning Hive, and community-based environmental monitoring.
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall management of our volunteer program including recruitment, scheduling, training and recognition of volunteer staff. Permanent volunteer roles are an excellent way to gain specific career related skills, attain relevant experience in an exciting job sector, and become engaged in the community while connecting with a group of like minded individuals.
The Volunteer Coordinator will:
- Use a variety of recruiting methods, including networking, social media, and face to face presentations, to recruit a diverse crew of volunteers to assist with our projects and initiatives;
- Assist with screening volunteers, including interviewing candidates, conducting background checks, and verifying references;
- Assist with volunteer scheduling through the online database as required, with input and direction from the Program director and Executive Director;
- Coordinate and facilitate volunteer orientations and training;
- Coordinate social gatherings and meet ups for volunteers;
- Organize volunteer appreciation events and recognition programs.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Must be highly self-directed, with the ability to take initiative and work remotely with limited supervision;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Ability to delegate tasks to others
- Supervisory and/or leadership experience;
- Strong computer skills, including database and website management;
- Experience with environmental outreach and research is considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
by March 21, 2017.
For more information regarding our organization please visit our website at http://www.worldfish.org or our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WorldFisheriesTrust
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at RCEN.ca.
*Note: e-mail addresses above (if any) have been masked to reduce spam.
To form the correct address, rejoin the two portions, separated with @.
Volunteer Opportunities  |  Add an Opportunity  |  About / Help